The Queen of Beauty, Cleopatra used turmeric in her milk baths. Turmeric is one of the age-old spices that not only adds flavour and colour to Indian dishes but also forms a core ingredient in beauty rituals and medicinal regimes. Curcuma longa, commonly known as Haldi has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It cures cough and cold, it heals wounds and scars, removes tan and acne, fights wrinkles and slows the process of ageing.
|Health and Beauty Benefits Of Turmeric|
In Indian weddings, there is a ceremony dedicated to its name called “HALDI.” The Haldi paste helps in the beautification cleansing and detoxification of the would-be bride and groom and it also eases the nervousness and anxiety of the couple being married.
There are commercially available facial masks, peel-off masks, and clay or cream masks which include turmeric as the main ingredient. Homemade masks are beneficial as you will know which ingredients go into them. One can try various combinations with ingredients such as milk eggs honey and avocado.
Table of Contents
This article deciphers the secrets of the amazing benefits of turmeric. It includes both, Internal uses of Turmeric and External Applications of Turmeric. Read on to know how to use turmeric for a beautiful YOU !!
Internal Uses Of Turmeric
- Turmeric Milk is an effective remedy to cure asthma and bronchitis, as it heats up the body and provides quick relief from sinuses.
- Turmeric Milk helps in weight loss as it breaks down the fat in our body.
- Turmeric Milk acts as an antispasmodic. It helps in alleviating menstrual cramps and pain.
- Turmeric milk has anti-cancer properties. It prevents and stops the growth of certain cancers like prostate, breast and colon cancer.
- Using turmeric on a regular basis helps in preventing heart disease. The antioxidant properties help in preventing cardiotoxicity and diabetes-related heart complications as well.
- Turmeric milk is an excellent blood purifier and cleanser. It cleanses the body from all impurities. It also helps in inducing programmed cancer cell death.
- A glass of warm turmeric milk helps in clearing various skin ailments, such as skin redness, blotchy patches and eczema.
- Using turmeric regularly will not only lower the blood glucose levels but will also help in regulating high-fat levels in the blood.
- Turmeric also helps in treating gastric ulcers. Studies reveal that the antiulcer activity of turmeric arises from its antioxidant properties.
It also helps in improving the joint function in individuals with rheumatoid arthritis as well.
External Uses Of Turmeric
Skin Whitening Mask - A mixture of lemon honey and turmeric works wonders for the skin. The lemon acts as a natural astringent by shrinking large pores and honey reduces the visibility of acne scars and dark spots.
Radiant Glowing Mask - A mixture of avocado yoghurt and turmeric face mask will make dull skin radiant. Avocado fights off free radicals that damage healthy skin cells and cause premature ageing and yoghurt contains live healthy bacterial cells that destroy acne-causing bacteria.
Get rid of dark circles - Turmeric is a proven anti-inflammatory and lightning agent. It is a perfect solution to get rid of dark circles. Using turmeric helps to stimulate and circulate the blood flow in the skin. This helps in reducing puffiness and under-eye darkness.
It soothes dry skin - Turmeric helps to deeply hydrate and revitalize the skin while it alleviates the symptoms of dryness. Using turmeric and honey helps to naturally speed up the process of removing the dead skin cells. Using it regularly will lead to healthy and soft skin. It will also protect the skin cells from further damage as well.